UNM 2020 Complete Count Committee
When: Wed, Aug 19 2020 9:00am - Wed, Aug 19 2020 10:00am
Agenda (Co-chairs: Dr. Kiran Katira, Dr. Nancy López, Tabitha King, Erick Hernandez, Myrella Gonzalez, Cheyenne Jones)
Wed. 08/19/20 @ 9-10amMST
- Introduction and check-in (Please write name and email in chat)
- Response Rates & Door to Door Efforts (Suzan Reagan, Louis Head)
- Update UNM Reporting for Dorms/Group Quarters (Megan Chibanga)
- Volunteer Opportunity: Phone banking see message below (Julisa Rodriquez, Media Desk); Other strategies? Activities?
- Reminder: Faculty Senate 8/25@3-5pm-Agenda will be posted facgov.unm.edu/senate/; Other? Staff, Student groups and Regents; Outreach to Branch Campuses
- Archiving our Work: Digital Repository for next Complete Count Committee 2030 (Zimmerman Library? State Repository)
- Next Meeting: W 9/2@9amMST (we will meet every two weeks until 9/30)
- Other? Announcements: MAKE EVERY LOBO COUNT FOR THE CENSUS 2020 LAST DAY FOR SELF-RESPONSE IS SEPT. 30 at my2020census.gov. See attached postcard with updated deadline.
MAKE EVERY LOBO COUNT FOR THE CENSUS 2020 LAST DAY FOR SELF-RESPONSE IS SEPT. 30 at my2020census.gov.
As of August 10, 2020 the national self-response rate was 63 percent and in New Mexico the self-response rate was 53 percent. In 2010 New Mexico’s self-response rate was 60 percent. You can view self-response rate daily down to Cities and Census Tracts at https://2020census.gov/en/
For Updates for 2020 operations
For Updates on the Homelessness counts
ENUMERATION FOR HOMELESS PEOPLE/FAMILIES IS 9/22-9/24
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY FOR 2020 CENSUS
Are you interested in phone banking for the 2020 Census?
Volunteer with the iCountNM team to call fellow New Mexicans and encourage them to complete their census. Phone banking is one of the most powerful and personal ways to reach people and allows us to have a one-one-one conversation about the importance of the census.
From the comfort of your home and with a bit of your spare time, you can make a difference in our outreach efforts to New Mexicans. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
LAST DAY TO BE COUNTED FOR THE 2020 CENSUS IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
Info on the truncated deadline for Census Enumeration - now 9/30/20
REGISTERING TO VOTE & REQUESTING ABSENTEE BALLOTS
If you do not have a driver’s license or state identification card issued by the MVD, or would prefer to use a paper form to register to vote, please fill out the Voter Registration Form (English / Español) and send to your local county clerk’s office.You will find the contact information for all 33 county clerk offices here.
New Mexico Office of the Secretary of State. New Mexico Capitol Annex North / 325 Don Gaspar, Suite 300 / Santa Fe, NM 87501 (505) 827-3600 / (800) 477-3632 / Email SOS Elections
Link: Join the Zoom Meeting