UNM 2020 Complete Count Committee Meeting
When: Wed, Aug 05 2020 9:00am - Wed, Aug 05 2020 10:30am
Everyone is always welcome!
Agenda (Co-chairs: Dr. Kiran Katira, Dr. Nancy López, Tabitha King, Erick Hernandez, Myrella Gonzalez, Cheyenne Jones)
Please email email@example.com for the Zoom link. Thank you!
- Introduction and check-in (Please write name and email in chat)
- Response Rates & Door to Door Efforts (Suzan Regan, Louis Head)
- Flyer for 9/23 event @ 11-1pm (Reminder Homeless count is 9/22-9/24)
- Volunteer Opportunity: Phone banking see message below (Julisa Rodriquez, Media Desk)
- Update: Directive from Census re: Non-Campus Students (see link below)
- Confirmed Census agenda Items & Meeting dates: Faculty Senate 3/25: Other? Staff, Student groups and Regents; Outreach to Branch Campuses
- Archiving our Work: Digital Repository for next Complete Count Committee 2030 (Zimmerman Library? State Repository)
- Establish Regular meeting calendar through November (every two weeks?)
- Other? Announcement: African American Complete Count Event 8/7@6-7:30 with Several CCCs. More info: Nichole Rogers
MAKE EVERY LOBO COUNT FOR THE CENSUS 2020 LAST DAY FOR SELF-RESPONSE IS OCT. 31 at my2020census.gov. See attached postcard with updated deadline.
As of July 21, 2020 the national self-response rate was 62.3 percent and in New Mexico the self-response rate was 52.1 percent. In 2010 New Mexico’s self-response rate was 60 percent. You can view self-response rate daily down to Cities and Census Tracts at https://2020census.gov/en/response-rates.html . We need every UNM Student Faculty Staff person to reach out to their local community to increase 2020 Census self-response rate.
For Updates for 2020 operations
For Updates on the Homelessness counts
ENUMERATION FOR HOMELESS PEOPLE/FAMILIES IS 9/22-9/24
********VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY FOR 2020 CENSUS****************
Are you interested in phone banking for the 2020 Census?
Volunteer with the iCountNM team to call fellow New Mexicans and encourage them to complete their census. Phone banking is one of the most powerful and personal ways to reach people and allows us to have a one-one-one conversation about the importance of the census.
From the comfort of your home and with a bit of your spare time, you can make a difference in our outreach efforts to New Mexicans. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will set you up with the iCountNM virtual phone banking system.
SAVE THE DATE: UNM 2020 Complete Count Committee - Forum 11-1pm on Wed. 9/23/20. Flyer and Zoom link forthcoming at race.unm.edu, click "events" or "2020 Census"
ADMINISTRATIVE DATA REQUESTS FROM CENSUS TO INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION
JUNE 18, 2020 — The U.S. Census Bureau is reaching out to colleges and universities with significant off-campus student populations to help ensure they are counted in the right place in the 2020 Census. Earlier this week, Director Dr. Steven Dillingham sent a letter to college and university presidents asking them to provide roster information for off-campus students.
ADDP-2L (06-15-2020) DC. UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE U.S. Census Bureau . Office of the Director Washington, DC 20233-0001. Thank you for your instuon’s help in ensuring that your students are accurately counted
Census Webinar re: Race and Ethnicity Data and Tabulations
This webinar will provide you with a deeper understanding of how the questions and concepts of race and ethnicity are operationalized in the Census.
Topic: UNM 2020 Census Complete Count Committee - *ALL ZOOM MEETING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE *
Time: Aug. 5, 2020 09:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the First Wed, until Nov 4, 2020
Link: Zoom meeting