|How can you participate?|
From Hidalgo to Harding, Catron to Curry, and everywhere in between we need everyone to participate! The goal is to reach every New Mexican and let them know that they can still participate in the 2020 Census. Regardless of what they're doing that day — whether they’re watching TV, scrolling on social media, of tuning in to their favorite local radio DJ, they should get a message about the census.
In partnership with NM Counts 2020, iCountNM is placing added media attention during the Day of Action, but to make the impact New Mexico needs and deserves we need your help!
So what can you do to support the big day?
These are just a few of ideas — take a couple of minutes today to think of ways you and your organization can participate in the Statewide Day of Action! We'll be adding ideas and resources to the checklist below over the next week.
- Encourage your network to become Census Ambassadors
- Call your local radio station and set-up interviews or a "Census Hour"
- Purchase a website takeover on with your local news site
- Coordinate a group of volunteers to help phone bank the state
- Place a full-page print ad in your county newspaper
- Schedule posts on social media and go live!