State of Hispanic Race and Ethnicity: Census 2020 Changes and Implications for Addressing Social Inequality
When: Thu, Nov 09 2017 7:45am - Thu, Nov 09 2017 2:00pm
Where: University of Maryland, College Park
In September 2017, Consortium on Race, Gender, and Equity held a symposium at the University of Maryland College Park titled the State of Hispanic Race and Ethnicity: Census 2020 Changes and Implications for Addressing Social Inequality.
The event convened a distinguished group of thought leaders, scholars, researchers, practitioners, and policy makers whose collective expertise contributed to the national conversation on implications of proposed 2020 Census changes to the race/ethnicity question.
Over one hundred people attended and engaged in this intellectual and politically challenging conversation. Visit the CRGE website to view a recording of the sessions.
A special thanks to our event co-sponsors:
- College of the Arts and Humanities-DRIF award
- Center for Global Migration Studies
- Critical Race Initiative
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Women’s Studies
- The Graduate School’s Office of Graduate Diversity and Inclusion
- Latin American Studies Center
- Maryland Population Research Center
- Office of Community Engagement
- US Latina/o Studies Program