APPLY: The Esther Ngan-ling Chow and Mareyjoyce Green Scholarship
When: Mon, Apr 01 2019 9:59pm
Sociologists for Women in Society (SWS) has opened applications for the 2019 Esther Ngan-ling Chow and Mareyjoyce Green Scholarship, formerly known as the Women of Color Dissertation Scholarship.
All applications are due no later than April 1, 2019, at 11:59 pm EST.
Sociologists for Women in Society has worked hard to build a coalition of women scholars who share concerns about the status of women both domestically and internationally. In keeping with that mission, SWS established a Women of Color Scholarship at its annual meeting in February 2007. The primary purposes of the scholarship are:
- To offer support to female scholars who are from underrepresented groups and are studying concerns that women of color face domestically and/or internationally.
- To increase the participation of students of color in SWS.
- Student must identify as a woman from a racial/ethnic group facing racial discrimination in the United
- Dissertation must be sociologically relevant scholarship that addresses the concerns of women of color, domestically and/or internationally.
- Student must be in the early stages of writing a dissertation.
- Student must be “All But Dissertation” (ABD) by the time the term of the award begins. (Must be certified by the student’s advisor or Graduate Director)
- Applicant must demonstrate a financial need for the award.
- Domestic and international students are eligible to apply. (U.S. citizenship is not required to be eligible for this award).
Please email Andrea (Drea) S. Boyles and Sasha R. Drummond-Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.