UNM 2020 Census Complete Count Committee
When: Wed, Jul 01 2020 9:00am - Wed, Jul 01 2020 10:30am
- Introductions (Please write name, affiliation and email in chat so we can add you to listserve for upcoming meetings. Thank you!)
- Updates: Response Rates, Door to Door Efforts, Raffle, Other? (Last day for self-response is 10/31/20)
- Funding Opportunities
- Requesting Agenda Items on Staff Council, Faculty Senate, Regents, Student Orgs for August/Sept/October
- HSC Campus Outreach and Potential Collaborations
- Branch Campus Outreach
- Fall Events/Strategies for Mobilizing Complete Count
- Other? Announcements: African American Complete Count Committee Youth Forum 7/2@6pm, Flyer attached.
- Next meeting: W 8/5@9am via ZOOM (Same ZOOM Link - pasted below; please send agenda items by 7/29. Thank you!)
This webinar will provide you with a deeper understanding of how the questions and concepts of race and ethnicity are operationalized in the Census. Topics covered will include:
- What is race?
- What is ethnicity?
- History of race and ethnicity in the United States decennial census
- U.S. Office of Management and Budget Standards on Race and Ethnicity
- Why data on race and ethnicity is important
- 2020 Census question design improvements for race and ethnicity
- Common responses to the questions on race and ethnicity and how these responses are interpreted by the Census Bureau
Link: Join Zoom Meeting